Wondering how you can prolong the life of your leather furniture? Most of us like to have a leather furniture for its appearance and quality. Indeed, leather furniture looks classy and can be a great addition to our offices and residential houses as it emphasizes a great sense of style and fashion. The only catch is that you need to take care of it properly to maintain its good condition.
The following are 6 simple tips on how to clean your leather furniture properly to keep it “shine forever” and prolong its life.
- Use ordinary soap foam in dealing with the food wastes and dirt on your sofa. Gently wipe it with a slightly wet sponge with soap. Don’t use too much water. Clean the soap stains by using a dry wool cloth.
- Use natural cleaning methods to refresh the look of your furniture. Preheat a cup of natural cow milk until it becomes warm. Then pour the milk into a small container. After that, moisten a clean rag with it then squeeze well. Using the moisten rag, wipe the surface of the leather sofa. You can use a dry cloth to deal with the wet remnants.
- Use a sticky tape to deal with the ballpoint pen tracks. Simply attach the tape to the surface of the sofa then gently teat it off. You should always clean these unwanted tracks after that with clean water and natural soap.
- Clean the furniture’s coating from wax or chewing gum. Place a piece of ice in a small cellophane bag and attach it to the area with a wax or chewing gum. Then carefully remove using the back side of a knife.
- Removed marker traces using ethyl alcohol. After putting alcohol on the area where there are maker traces, it is then easy to clean the stain by using a sponge and water.
- Use leather binder and heavy filler to deal with the scratches on your leather furniture. Leather binders are good to apply for damaged areas with a thin layer. Then for the next stage, you can use a sandpaper to make the surface smooth. Using a spatula, apply heavy filler and allow each one of them to dry out.
Since leather furniture is quite an expensive item, it is important to treat it with special care. Taking care of it properly will not only prolong its life but will also prolong your money’s worthwhile having a positive impact on your house.